- This year, Thumbay Group’s awards include one Dubai Human Development Appreciation Award (DHDAA) and three Dubai Quality Appreciation Awards (DQAA)
- This is the third consecutive year Thumbay Group’s companies have been felicitated at the prestigious annual Business Excellence Awards
- With these awards, Thumbay Group achieves the unique feat of winning 8 business excellence awards in the first quarter of 2018
Dubai-based diversified global conglomerate Thumbay Group created history at the prestigious ‘Business Excellence Awards’ of the Department of Economic Development (DED), Dubai, by winning four honors in a single assessment cycle.
At the 24th Business Excellence Awards held at Dubai Opera on 24th April 2018 under the patronage of His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, UAE Vice President and Prime Minister and Ruler of Dubai, the awards were presented by His Highness Sheikh Maktoum bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, the Deputy Ruler of Dubai to Dr. Thumbay Moideen, the Founder President of Thumbay Group.
The following awards were won by Thumbay Group and its business entities:
- Thumbay Group – Dubai Human Development Appreciation Award
- Gulf Medical University (GMU), Ajman – Dubai Quality Appreciation Award
- Thumbay Pharmacy – Dubai Quality Appreciation Award
- Body & Soul Health Club & Spa – Dubai Quality Appreciation Award
Dr. Thumbay Moideen said that this was a proud day for Thumbay Group as a global business conglomerate, winning four prominent awards at such a prestigious forum. “We are glad to be honored at this esteemed platform, for excellence across our different businesses. As Thumbay Group celebrates our 20th anniversary, we are proud of the high-standards of quality and service we have achieved across all our 20 sectors of business, which have been recognized at various national and international platforms. Our relentless pursuit of quality, excellence and sustainability, coupled with the spirit of innovation we have successfully imbibed across all our companies and departments helps us adopt the best business practices and set challenging objectives for ourselves,” he said.
This is the third year that Thumbay Group is being felicitated at the annual Business Excellence Awards. Thumbay Hospital – Ajman, one of the leading academic hospitals under Thumbay Group’s healthcare division had won the DQAA for the year 2015, and the hospital had won DHDA for the 2016 assessment cycle.
Earlier this year, Thumbay Group had won four awards at the Sheikh Khalifa Excellence Awards (SKEA), becoming the first business group in the history of the awards to achieve this feat in a single assessment year.